2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup sour cream +
4 oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 can Rotel mild original tomatoes with green chiles, drained
1 14 oz. can mild enchilada sauce, green
2 cups finely shredded jack and cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in stock pot with enough water to cover, salt and pepper. Bring to a low rolling boil until chicken is cooked through. Cool, de-bone if necessary and cut into bite sized pieces, preferably shredded.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken pieces, Rotel tomatoes, green chiles, 1 cup of the cheese and 1/4 cup of the sour cream. Mix well.
- Lightly spread a thin layer of sour cream on each tortilla. Divide the chicken mixture amongst all the tortillas and roll them securely. Place each one seam side down, side by side in a lightly sprayed rectangular baking dish. Pour the sauce evenly over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake foil covered for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Uncover and bake another 15 minutes until cheese is melted and crisp.
- Serve with avocado slices and home made refried beans.
*Tonight I used rotisserie chicken