What I really love about this recipe is that all the parts can be made ahead and then you can assemble them cold one at a time or all at once.
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped and divided in 1/2
1 can Rotel original tomatoes
1 small can chopped green chiles
1 recipe Taco seasoning
1 batch Refried beans
grated cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
- Brown ground beef with 1/2 of the chopped onion.
- Drain off fat.
- Add Rotel tomatoes, green chiles and Taco seasoning. Simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Layer tostada shells with a layer of Refried beans, a little cheese, meat, tomatoes, olives and a little more cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes until heated through.
- Top with taco sauce and sour cream.