2 cups water
2 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1 navel orange, ground in food processor
2 cups raisins
2 cups dried cranberries
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
Brown sugar glaze, optional
- In a large pot, combine water, sugar, butter, raisins, dried cranberries, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer; continue to cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat, and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- When mixture is cool, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter & flour a Bundt pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour and baking soda together. Add to cooled mixture, mixing well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees for 75-90 minutes, or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in pan before inverting onto a dish. Cool completely before drizzling with glaze or slicing.