- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with Jif until blended. Stir in milk and melted butter.
- Add all at once to the dry ingredients, beating until blended. Add more milk to thin batter if necessary.
- Bake on a hot, lightly greased griddle until bubbles break on the surface. Turn and brown the other side.
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
scant 1 cup water
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Simmer gently 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.
Peanut Butter Pancakes
1¼ cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1¼ cups milk
¼ cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Beat milk with egg.
- Add peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Add to dry ingredients and beat just until well moistened. Add more milk to thin batter if necessary.
- Lightly butter hot griddle.
- Spoon by ¼ cupfuls onto griddle.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Peanut Butter Strawberry Pancakes
aka Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes
1¼ cups Flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup JIF Creamy Peanut Butter
2 tablespoon sugar
2 large eggs
1¼ cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup Strawberry Jam
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat; brush with oil. Swirl half of jam into pancake batter.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake into skillet.
- Cook for 1½ to 2½ minutes or until underside is golden and bubbles break out on top. Turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until underside is golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spooning remaining jam into batter, and brushing skillet with more oil as necessary.