These little “muffins” are great for breakfast on the go.
4 oz reduced fat loose breakfast sausage
1/4 cup chopped green peppers
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 c liquid egg substitute or 4 eggs
1 large egg
1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms (drained)
1/2 c (2 oz) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Coat a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, pepper and onion for 5 minutes, or until sausage is browned.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and cool slightly.
- Stir in egg substitute and eggs, and the additional egg and mushrooms.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until egg is set.
2 pts – ww (using egg substitute)
107 calories, 12 g protei, 4 g carbs, 5 g fat, 1 g fiber.