1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 cups water
1/2 pound bacon
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp. Leave drippings in pan and allow to cool.
- Drain on paper towels and crumble when cool. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat the egg.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, water, flour, salt and pepper. Blend well. Add to the bacon drippings.
- Mix until well blended.
- Cook over a low heat, STIRRING CONSTANTLY! Bring to a rolling boil taking off the heat when you reach your desired consistency.
- When cool, add the crumbled bacon.