OUR KraZy kitchen is going on hiatus. All your favorite recipes will still be here for reference. Thank you for your readership and following.
Be sure to stop by 3 Sides of Crazy and check out all my other recipes.
PARSLEY, SAGE, ROSEMARY & THYME CHICKEN
6-7 pound chicken
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups baby carrots
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 small onion, cut into eighths
4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- Generously grease baking dish.
- Scatter onions, carrots and garlic along the bottom.
- In a small food processor pulse 3/4 of all the leaves together until well blended.
- Add butter until well blended.
- Working from the large cavity end of the bird, use your fingers to loosen the skin form the meat.
- Using a rubber spatula, place 2/3 of the butter mixture under the skin on both sides of the breast bone.
- Spread the remaining butter over the outside of the bird.
- Generously sprinkle the entire bird with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Roast 1 1/2 hours or until desired temperature.
- Remove from pan and let rest 15-20 minutes.
- Strain vegetables and make gravy with drippings if desired.
- Carve and serve.