Baked potatoes are good, but twice baked potatoes are even better. Twice as good, to be exact!
Grilled Twice Baked Potatoes
Source: Nibble Me This
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes*
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, finely diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Bush's Best Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat a charcoal grill set up for indirect heat to 350f*.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Give a light coating of oil and season liberally with salt.
- Place the potatoes on the grill and cook for about 60-90 minutes, until the potatoes are slightly soft to the touch.
- Remove potatoes from the grill and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Holding each potato with an oven mitt, carefully slice off the top 1/2 inch of the potato.
- Using a small spoon or scoop, hollow out each potato, reserving the potato pulp in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, sour cream, cheese, red pepper, beans, salt and pepper to the potato pulp and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture back into the potato shells.
- Place the potatoes back onto the grill for another 15 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, additional cheese, or any other toppings that you choose.
- Yukon gold: I prefer Yukon gold potatoes for their buttery smooth texture and slightly sweet taste. You could use regular bakers instead.
- Temps: You could also cook these faster at 400f, but I was already cooking something at 350f in the grill so that is what I went with.
|My potatoes doubled as a roasting rack for the pork roast.|